Monday, August 31, 2009

Home!

Finally some good news came on the home front! Last week the realtor called to tell us that the bank had accepted our contract on the foreclosure we’d seen the week before. They just had an addendum for us to sign – which is where the good news ended. The addendum was, of course, written ENTIRELY in their favor. You must show your seriousness about this in all these ways, but we’ll still look at other contracts in case something better comes along. We tried making a few adjustments – allowing a walk through, specifying who pays certain fees (as obligated under VA law), requiring a marketable title. The bank rejected all and said we need to sign their form EXACTLY as it is written to get this house. Argh! As everything we laid out is actually a requirement of VA law, it’s not that big a deal, but man what a pain?! In the interim, I can’t seem to get our bank on the phone to get started on the loan paperwork and am wondering abut my sanity…

I happened to hear on the radio this morning a survey of the most prestigious jobs. I called my husband to let him know that Firefighter was number one. I wonder if I should call the loan officer (and the bank selling the place!) to let them know that banker was in the bottom five. Of course – the VERY bottom of the list was realtor, so maybe I’ll just keep my mouth shut…

As an aside, the other big happening here – apparently when they turned on the utilities for the home inspection there was a problem with the water. So rather than doing a home inspection this Thursday, the plumber will be coming. The only bright side is that running water is a legal requisite for selling any dwelling so it’s the bank’s responsibility to fix this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Come leave me some blog love!