Monday, October 5, 2009

Rock & roll all day and party every night

You know that scene in Role Models where the guy misquotes “I want to rock and roll all day and part of every night.” You know till like 8, but then I want to get some stuff done and get a good night’s sleep. The munchkin must not have caught that part. It’s like we’re hitting the rebellious teenage up all night years early. She won’t go to bed. I know, I know. She’s 7 months old. She doesn’t “go” to bed. I put her there. But the thing is I’ve tried ‘putting her’ there and she screams – incessantly. I’ve tried waiting her out, but she can go on for 10 or 20 minutes (she’s really quite wily…). The last few nights we’ve spent about 2 hours in her nursery trying to convince her it’s bedtime – while she rubs her eyes and yawns and we think we’re making progress, but then she changes her mind and is a bouncing / kicking fool! There’s no stopping her. It starts to drive us nuts (especially as this is most often when the biting during breastfeeding occurs – oh, my favorite…). Then she finally quiets and as she’s nursing, she curls her own hand around my finger – and it’s so cute, I forget that I’m tired – and hey, annoyed with her! – and she’s my angel again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Come leave me some blog love!