Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I wish I could have equivalent social reactions to people I don’t like…

I went to a party recently at an old colleague’s house. My husband was working, but the munchkin came along ready to party! There were actually quite a few kids there (though she was the youngest). She generally did well with the other kids and was ok with being held by many of the adults – except maybe one…

There was a former director from the company who kept trying to hold her and she kept scrambling into my side. Now admittedly, the real issue was probably that his approach wasn’t so good – he didn’t try to play with her much first before just trying to reach out for her. But I still had to laugh – truth is he always really scared me too!

What about you? What are your favorite moments where your child reacted exactly the way you've always wanted to or managed to show your secret feelings?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Come leave me some blog love!