Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Time to get our own place!

OK, the countdown is finally winding down! We may actually be in our house in just a couple of weeks. And man is it ever time! Most recently I mentioned to my husband that we needed to put the suitcases away from our trip our few weeks back. He pointed out that we’re moving in a couple of weeks and will need them then, so why bother? And I agreed. A couple of weeks and I agreed! I went in for the logic of – why make the bed, I’m just going to sleep in it later? But the truth is I’m worn down by our tight quarters and can barely care anymore. My only fear – as we’ve made SUCH a mess of the two small rooms where we and the baby are living – is that I’m letting the bad habits (that I’ve spent the last 3 years of our marriage trying to eradicate) set in for good. My husband hasn’t put laundry away in weeks (maybe the 2+ plus months we’ve been here), but I can barely argue as there’s barely a place for any of it to go anyway.

So keep your fingers crossed – I don’t relish yet another move (it’s going to be an absolutely CRAZY week from when the current tenants leave till we get in – think chimney sweeps, hvac cleaning, rug cleaning, floor cleaning, movers, and pretty much any other service man you can think of…), but man will I be happy to be settled!

1 comment:

  1. A new home sounds like just the thing, though!! You'll be fine!

    ~WM

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Come leave me some blog love!