Friday, May 21, 2010

An idea as smooth as a baby's bottom... I hope!

OK after my last post dissing pampers (I apologize to my good friend who works for P&G, but seriously, man, you didn’t see my baby’s butt!), this seems like a fitting next post. Stephanie at My New Life As Mom is hosting a “Fluffy Bottom Cloth Diaper Event” form June 1-30.

As we were going through the “what are we going to do” ugh of the diaper rash issue, I mentioned to my husband that if we didn’t come up with another solution, I wanted to try cloth diapers. He was totally opposed. I believe the exact quote was – I’d prefer to let her go naked and just clean up the furniture/rugs later. (um, ew!)

I think a big part of the problem is neither one of us really has any idea how cloth diapers work (to this point, I’ve found disposables to be one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century!). We didn’t wear them. No one younger than us in our family wore them. I’ve heard stories – you rinse them in your toilet? Who knows what else? But none from anyone who has ever used them.

So I’m kind of excited by this event – because it’s not just giveaways (yes, I do love those too!). It’s also some education about cloth diapers – styles, price comparison, misconceptions, etc.

Anyway, if you’re at all interested too, go visit herhere and find out more.

2 comments:

  1. I have used cloth diapers :) I started when my oldest was 1(now 10) and stopped when my youngest potty trained at 2(she is 3 now)..
    here is a site to help get you started
    http://www.newtoclothdiapers.com/
    (not mine LOL)
    IME cloth was pretty easy, I set up a trash can with a lid in the laundry room. Dumped poo in the toilet and washed every 2 days. To wash I threw everything in the washer set it up to do an extra rinse and ran it once on cold without soap to rinse everything out. Then ran one more time with a very small amount of detergent (on hot this time) Throw everything in the dryer with NO fabric softner, and done. easy peasy! If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me!!! bethcandco@aol.com!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. My best friend used cloth diapers on her daughter as well. Kinda pain in the neck to wash them thought, but hey, it saves.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Come leave me some blog love!