Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Flip flops

Summer! Ah, summer. Days of flip flops and sandals. This happens to me every year – by late spring I can’t wait to pull my feet out of the confines of socks – so strange as my feet are always cold. But somehow that doesn’t matter! I was getting dressed for work this morning and put on a sweater set (my office is always freezing) and realized it would really look better with shoes. I’d almost convinced myself to wear shoes, but realized I couldn’t convince myself to wear socks. So back to my far too casual, don’t really match my outfit sandals. And here I sit in my office with cold feet! Why I do this to myself, I don’t know? For that 30 minutes of warm pleasure at lunch when I’m outside with no shoes on?

I do this right into the fall too. Trying to convince myself it’s still sock-less weather in October – that I can wear my flip flops to walk the dog in the rain – only to run back inside after with cold muddy feet. I finally give up the notion of flip flops, but remain sockless in my warm fluffy slippers – in which I also walk the dog…

Ah well – here’s to enjoying it while we can! To lunches outside where we can defrost from corporate freeze outs in the AC and to vacations where we can get sand between our toes! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Come leave me some blog love!